Monday 9 February 2015

Magic and Butterbeer: Food inspired by the Harry Potter Series.

Hello, and welcome to Magic and Butterbeer, a blog revolving around Harry Potter. My name is Brittany, and I have created this blog to explore the importance of food in the Harry Potter series. What do you think of when you hear Harry Potter? Maybe the magic, the friendships, which house you would be in, but does the food featured in the series ever cross your mind? Food is a big part of the Harry Potter series, but how? This is just one of the many questions that will be answered over the next couple of weeks in this blog. I will be taking one food/drink related scene from each of the books/movies and explaining the importance of it in that scene. Along with this explanation will be a recipe, and my best attempt at recreating the food in the scene to the best of my abilities. Here's what you have to look forward to:
  • Entry 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's (or Philosopher's depending on where you're from)                     Stone 
  • Entry 2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  • Entry 3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 
  • Entry 4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
  • Entry 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix 
  • Entry 6: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
  • Entry 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Come check back every week to see the new entry and recipe, and, if you're brave enough, attempt to recreate the food along with me. 

I solemnly swear I am up to no good, 

Brittany 

No comments:

Post a Comment